I found this post via Thought Catalog which lists Button Poetry as its source. We see a man named Neil Hilborn. He “recites a poem about his one true love.”
The poem and performance are described as “heartbreaking” …
… “(and beautiful).”
For “our gal” whether she calls or not, and the man who lent us money when Reeve was out of work. Thank you for having helped us. For Reeve who watered the babies when I traveled so much and I couldn’t provide them with what they needed to survive. For Mamacita with her foggy eyes – rest peacefully sweet girl with half of a tail. For Rocco and Sasha. You make me cry regularly. And for Shirley. L. left you six or more years ago and you were hanging strong. Please do not suffer tonight. If you pass too, please pass peacefully. I’m on my way to lay with you on the floor.
Good Night. I leave the lights on and the door unlocked. My heart is always open.
- Man with OCD Blows Internet Away with Hauntingly Stirring Love Poem (gawker.com)
- Neil Hilborn, Man With OCD, Performs Heartbreaking Poem About Falling In Love, Inspires Redditors (VIDEO) (huffingtonpost.com)
- This “OCD Love Poem” is heartbreaking but beautiful (dailydot.com)
- An OCD Ode to Love (theatlantic.com)
- Neil Hilborn performs his heart wrenching poem ‘OCD’ at the Rustbelt Poetry Jam (slothed.com)
- OCD and Hoarding: The Experts Weigh In (everydayhealth.com)
- Living With Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (everydayhealth.com)